Sunday, June 7, 2009

conversation with ms. s

after bathtime, eating mac & cheese, & her request to read "go dog go" to her, she wanted to talk. so the convo. went something like this:

me: drink your milk, itll make you strong & big
s: milk gives me boo-boo (still taking a sip)
me: its good for you, itll make you tall & strong
s: i can touch that light up there (points to the high chandelier atop)
me: sure baby when you get big
s: i got big legs mama, see (stretching her legs), thanks for making me big (i was surprised too)
me: you were a tiny baby in my stomach, & then you grew up
s: i cry like a little baby & you give me food & sing to me?
me: yes i did & youre going to keep growing
s: you my mama...(yawn)
me: just like nana is my mama & you know baba jani is my papi...
s: uncle yusif my uncle...
me: yes uncle yusif is your uncle but hes my brother
s: ehsi-yunib my cousins & sunni
me: sunni is moshis brother & uncle yusif is my brother
s: moshis brother is sunni, uncle yusif , your brother ummm (long pause)
wheres ummm my brother?
me: yeah you dont have one hunni, i would have to make one in my belly (pointing to my stomach)
s: okayyyyyyyy (dissappointed tone)
me: i love you, goodnite (kiss her)
s: (dazed a little) goodnite (kisses me) you make one in belly?
me: i love you sofia, i see you tom.

phewwwwwwww tough stuff.

2 comments: